iphone dump…..

Where have I been and what have I been up to lately??? Well here is one big massive iphone dump!!! Warning: this is a very long photo heavy post!

February 5th I went in for my 37.5 week checkup. Fluids were running low so it was time to induce. Here is the last photo of me and my baby bump.

I was induced at 6:05 am on February 6th…and at 7:42 pm my sweet Harvey Lee Reichert was born weighing in at 6 lbs 6 oz and 19.5 inches long.

The hospital was exhausting. Nurses were constantly in our room and I was so ready to be at home with our sweet boy.

I love being a mommy. Its the best job in the world…but…I am definitely a working mommy. Being a stay at home mom is and was not for me. I was bored all the time and was itching to get back to work. So that is what I did!!! We all have our part in this world, and even if my husband and I were millionaires I would always work. Working is a part of me and I feel it makes me a better mom too.

I am very blessed to have such an amazing husband who is even more amazing to my baby boy. When I am working a wedding I am constantly getting photos like these.

And now for the scariest and worst two weeks of my entire life. At 7 weeks my baby boy started throwing up and couldn’t keep anything down. The doctors said he had a stomach virus and so we went with that. For 5 days straight he continued to throw up and started to lose weight. After working an 8 hour wedding day, I continued to stay up with Harvey feeding him a teaspoon of pedialyte every 20 minutes to keep him hydrated. Finally at 4:30am Easter Sunday my husband and I made the call that this was no stomach bug and that we needed to get Harvey to the hospital. Many tests later the doctor discovered that Harvey had pyloric stenosis and would need surgery to correct it. Words can’t even describe the fear I felt.

After surgery we started Harvey on a strict feeding schedule…Harvey continued to throw up. Another upper GI-Test showed Harvey needed a second surgery because the first surgery did not correct the issue. I felt so bad for the surgereon when he had to come in and tell the situation. I can’t imagine how he felt because I know exactly how I felt.

After the second surgery my sweet baby boy started to come back to me. Words can’t even describe how grateful I was to see that smile.

Now we are all healthy and growing like a weed!!! I can’t believe how much he has changed in just three short months. I love him with all of my heart!

He cracks me up every day with all of his silly facial expressions and gummy smiles. Stay tuned for another iphone dump soon!